The Praia do Carreiro’s Monastery is a beach located in Berlenga Grande, Archipelago of Berlengas and Peniche municipality. It is the only beach of the island suitable for bathing, accessible and sand. It is unsupervised. It has length about 40 meters.
The Fort of São João Baptista das Berlengas, or simply known as the Fort of the Berlengas, is located off western coast of Portugal, on the largest island of the archipelago of the Berlengas, in the municipality of Peniche in Oeste region. The fortification belonged to a group of defensive military structures meant to protect the municipality located on the coast. […]
The Berlengas archipelago is a group of small islands 10 to 15 kilometers off the Portuguese coast, west of the town of Peniche in Oeste region. Human occupation on Berlenga Grande (the only habitable island) dates back to antiquity: the islands are referred to in Ptolemy’s Geography as Λονδοβρίς (Londobris).Much later it was referred to as the island of Saturno by Roman geographers, and was visited successively by Muslims, Vikings and pirates/privateers from England and France. In 1513, […]